You could actually call the writers and the production, “Christophobic”
Substitute an Islamic “call-to-prayer” for every tolling church-bell; a line from the Muslim-trifecta (Koran/Sunnah/Hadith) for every New Testament quote, and then I’d say Hulu has a winner with the cautionary- “The Handmaid’s Tale.” But as it stands? It’s a Hate+Hit piece which slanders all Christians, but particularly Protestants.
If only the creatives involved (and the sure-to-be-legions of fans) had an ounce of shame, they could wake up before this nightmare scenario comes true. They won’t, because they actually expect it to be Christians “stretching necks” and gouging out eyes and clitorises(sp?).
Saudi Arabia, the Feminists’ Paradise
I saw reference to some “women’s rights” thing and Saudi Arabia yesterday, but I thought it was (another) U.N. joke. Wrong.
The UN has announced that Saudi Arabia will be a part of the Commission on the Status of Women, the intergovernmental body dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. That’s right, Saudi Arabia.
The country so committed to women’s liberation that it ranks 141/144 for gender equality in the World Economic Forum’s 2016 Global Gender Gap report. That’s third place from the bottom. This may have something to do with the fact that women cannot drive and need permission from a male guardian to travel, work, marry, access healthcare and even leave prison. Hillel Neuer of UN Watch summed it up with the comment, “Electing Saudi Arabia to protect women’s rights is like making an arsonist into the town fire chief”.
(Full article is linked below.)
Read the rest HERE.
Here are two video that will quickly clue you in on Saudi Arabia – from the perspective of Sandra Solomon, a woman who grew up there. I just happened to “meet” up with her, twice in as many days, vis two of my favorite YT channels:
The Graphic that “inspired” my graphic
It was January 14, 2017, when I discovered a new version of “The Handmaid’s Tale” was scheduled to air this year. Since I was still weeks away from finishing the first draft of my new novella, “An Election Carol,” I hated that I couldn’t drop everything and fire off a fictional response-volley towards Margaret Atwood’s 1986 novel.
UNLESS the new trailers are depicting a satire, it will certainly demand a response…
Atwood’s entire premise was delusional in 1986’s America, but today? Even more so. Think back to the mid-1980’s: America’s most well-known Christian organization, The Moral Majority, never had all that much political pull, despite all the hullabaloo. Even Wikipedia reveals it was kaput by the late-80’s. And as for the 2016 election and the feared Fourth-Reich with Trump-hitler at the helm? We can all see the neo- “con” that’s turning out to be…
“The Handmaid’s Tale,” was a first for me – I call it Christian-Theocracy-Porn (the film version of “V-for-Vendetta,” fits the genre, also). I expect this 2017 version to get fairly graphic; it will be easy to incorporate a number of the handmaidens’ bedroom scenes, and it makes perfect Hollywood-sense to do so. “50 Shades…” has shown there’s a big appetite among the Western world’s women for coercive sex. The Hulu trailers on YouTube have already provided a couple of quote-gems:
- “Ofglen” actress, Alexis Biedel: “She’s not afraid. She’s not as terrified as maybe she should be…” [Right. Only thing is, all young women of-a-certain-age in the West ought to be afraid. Not of Christians, but of the powers that be, who are facilitating a Muslim-invasion of their countries, at this very moment!]
- The protagonist-Handmaid: “I had another name, but it’s forbidden now…so many things are forbidden now…My name is Offred and I intend to survive.” [Hey, Hulu, too bad you’re part of the problem. If only more German and Swedish and British and American young women were recognizing this now…in time to prevent the loss of our civil-societies to Islamic supremacists. But, na-a-ah. Fear monger about Christians.]
With my novella’s final edits getting accepted today, I’m free to man the battle-stations and pull out my reviewer’s notebook for the Hulu “porno” premiere tonight. I just can’t wait to see how bravely they step out and how boldly they step into the Handmaiden-shoes Hollywood has let collect dust for nearly 30 years.
BUT, BUT, BUT…How will the writers and producers dare take New Testament Bible Scriptures in vain? Don’t they fear sleeper-cells of mad-Christian-men? Are they prepared to fight off Chalie Hebdo style anti-free-speech fanatics, like in Paris? And just how far over backwards will the “creatives” at Hulu have to bend, all to avoid creating any resemblance to the actual world of “disturbed” Islamics we live in…and where we get run over…and sliced-up, and blown-up, and every-which-way-murdered?
We non-Muslims, we so-called infidels, have suffered more than 30,000 attacks by “misunderstanders of Islam” since September 11, 2001. Just how far into the sand will “The Handmaid’s Tale” stick its pretty little head in order to avoid all of that truth?
I guess we’ll see.
Find mugs and tee-shirts for CHEAP at Teespring, HERE.
What do the rioters expect to gain?
Don’t mistake the “spontaneous protest movement” we are now witnessing for Civil Disobedience. No. This is planned Civil Disruption. These disgruntled folks’ actions are criminal: they are intentionally harming legitimate businesses and private individuals who have caused them no harm. They are not anti-government intellectuals in the mold of Henry David Thoreau; they are the “whitelash.” And ugly? Oh, you have never seen such bone-deep ugly hatred until you see how it twists these Progressives’ faces, White, Brown, and Black.
That said, as painful as this will be, the only way to get a grasp on the #NotMyPresident crowd (NMP’s for short) is to try and think like they do.
At one week in, I don’t believe many of them are Hillary-Clinton-“Democrats.” Those remaining are not Dems in the historical sense at all. And who knows how long it will take to determine who and how many are being paid-to-“protest.” But, nonetheless, they are a strange brew:
- tribe-seeking meek (guilty) White teens fed on government fairytales from pre-K to now and further guilted by energetic Mainstream Media Agitators;
- self-righteously angry – but mostly neutered – older/”grown-up” previously keyboard activist Democrats or (hip) pseudo-Socialists, who’ve suddenly been handed a new “cause;”
- strident teens (larval-socialists/feminists) who have yet to formally choose Socialism;
- self-righteously angry (therefore dangerous) fully-indoctrinated Marxists/feminists;
- self-righteously angry ”anarchists,” fully-indoctrinated alongside Cat-1, yet still don’t understand the meaning of “an-;”
- self-righteously angry “minorities,” fully-indoctrinated by that Cat-1 lifetime of fairytales (government babysitters/trainers) to the point of being enflamed; their so-called grievances are daily fanned and further fed by those same MSM Agitators;
- plain old “moochers,” either waiting for the looting to start or perhaps merely to get their “15 minutes;”
- plain old ruffians, head-bangers, or whatever else you want to call those just looking for an excuse to draw blood.
It’s November, so the weather, as it becomes colder or wetter, will increasingly play a part in the success, i.e. longevity, of #NMP. We’ve only just begun, as the 1970’s song said, and the second weekend of this ragtag Movement is approaching. Other than the media soaking up the taste of “revolution,” I’m betting most folks who go back out on the streets day after day have no job to lose. But as time passes and expectations aren’t met – i.e. the thrill is gone – even the “unemployed” may find their priorities changing. How much fun can these gatherings be? They’re all Debbie-Downers, after all. Do they brown-bag it or are there soup kitchens set up like at Occupy events? What about restrooms? Are there coffee breaks?
The ne’er-do-wells of “occupywallst.org” are still reaping a payoff five years later. “Freedom over Fascism?” Ri-i-ight. Even now they call for a “Direct Action” if not to cause chaos, then at minimum to ruin the festivities of the Trump Inauguration, January 20, 2017.
Unlike some of their elders, the bulk of Most mild-mannered Cat-1’s have not taken a page from Occupy’s book. These kids will be happy to get back to the relative safety of school. Through their participation this past week, they either found a niche-tribe to explore on the internet or will go back to keeping their head down, like a “good” kid born-to-deposed-oppressors should. However, the thrill-seeking teens of Cat-3 have certainly found their niche-tribe out there on the street, considering how many there are to choose from! Now more than ever they’re certainly itching to get to college, having rubbed elbows (!) with plenty of older students. If their parent/parents are in Cat-2 (and depending on the outcome of each day’s “festivities”), #NMP Activism may take precedence, leaving sit-in-your-seat-high-school shoved onto the backburner.
Dontcha just know these youngsters and their parents are calculating how, “Took a stand against ‘The Man,’” and “Participated in ‘#NMP,’” will sound in all those college-entrance essays the Kids are gonna write? (Perhaps with the footnote,“See my on-the-ground videos for additional details.”) Daydreams dance through the Cat-3 mommy’s head, of little Janie or Johnnie having a shot at the Ivy League if they get face-time in/on the MSM…
Good role-modeling, Mom and Dad. (sarc)
For Cat-4, Cat-5, and Cat-6, the pay-off will be basically the same: the utter shut down of The Other. They despise us from head to toe, for somewhere within that head-to-toe space resides our Opinions (and as importantly, our Ideas, Plans, and Dreams for the future). One week ago on Election Day we expressed our opinion…of Donald Trump’s ideas…by voting. Of course by extension our vote signifies a claim of allegiance to those ideas of his.
And that’s bad.
Because our beloved MSM has, through Chinese water-torture or Japanese Kobi-beef-massage style journalism, your choice, convinced millions of media-consuming zombies that Donald Trump is the seven-headed dragon of The Book of Revelation…or worse.
He’s Hitler, literally.
Have you noticed in previous years, even decades, how the MSM benignly calls these riots “protests?” You don’t think the prone-to-violence Cats notice? You don’t think they could easily be triggered to escalate? Without a word from the highest offices in the land, it seems inevitable. It is, after all, what totalitarians do. All of them.
The difference this “election season” is that the MSM has finally been revealed definitively, by @wikileaks, to be one of them. Oh, their stripes may be in the form of pinstripes, but a most dangerous credo unifies them all:
- Their Goals will be achieved;
- They will use “Any Means Necessary.”
As things heat up, my Liberty-loving friends, remember to stay frosty.
Started wearing “smart-glasses” in kindergarten back in 1957 (this photo is from 1959) and I’m still wearing ’em!
After quickly reading both snippets I must agree with the meme’s sentiment but in an unintended way.
I see both selections as too touchy-feely to have been considered “journalistic.” They provide us too few facts about two wildly different sorts of individuals and leave viewers (we are not really “readers” as we don’t have either selection in its entirety) with a false sense of understanding. Michael Brown was of course in the infancy-stage of criminality and who knows, maybe he never would have stolen anything again, nor used illegal substances again. Regardless, compared to the romantic portrayal of the UnaBomber on the right, I grant that the molecularly thin Positive Spray-Coating the NYT (cleverly) applied to the Brown piece on the left IS harder to see. Ted K., the UnaBomber, was of course never excoriated by the liberal media as other violent types have been; he’s practically meant to be worshipped here (also from the NYT we are to presume): he was living a hippy dippy woodsy lifestyle; an organic back-to-Nature dude who provided them the ultimate example of an activist, literally a Social Justice Warrior. UnaB ate, drank, slept, and exploded the leftists’ own late-1960’s down-with-the-System beliefs (Weather-kaboom-Underground, anyone?). UnaB got out of his armchair (presuming he even had one) and took his fight directly to The Man.
Jordan Lebeau, a Black writer at Boston.com, agrees wholeheartedly with the straightforward intention of the meme-maker; JL sees the NYT as having written a gotcha-piece on Michael Brown. He thinks a white guy dying-young in similar circumstances would never have his past brought up like MB’s is in the NYT. Well, if that’s true then I’d suggest Lebeau (I didn’t want to “register” to leave this comment for him) needs to take it up with The Times as well as everywhere and every other time he actually sees such bias, rather than try and make me or any other White person feel guilty when facts about the living or dead are revealed.
But now consider the NYT’s clever use of language on the M. Brown side of the above meme/poster – as well as the juxtaposition of terms in several of those paired thoughts:
1) the “was NO ANGEL (-),” gives the initial impression this is a negative piece, but keep reading carefully;
2) “both PROBLEMS (-) and PROMISE (+) in his YOUNG (+) life;” we are left with the + terms ringing in our ears; “young” typically implies innocent; merely reading some of his rap “lyrics” will clue you in that MB was no naive child;
3) “his ENCOUNTER (+ or neutral) with Officer Wilson;” Confrontation-with or Questioning-by or Stop-by would have been negative in that it would indicate to most readers the cop likely had some probable-cause to act;
4) “the POLICE (-) SAY (+/-) he was caught on security camera;” as opposed to witnesses’ statements or judging for oneself by looking at the footage on the internet;
5) A 6’3” nearly 300 lb. guy, “PUSHING (+/-) the (passive, puny by comparison) clerk…into a display case;” imagine if it had been a FEMALE clerk; with that great a physical disparity there’s hardly any doubt it would have been called an ASSAULT (-);
6) A community with, “ROUGH PATCHES;” huh? What does this mean other than perhaps excusing MB for dealing with it through escapism…
7) “…he DABBLED IN (+) drugs and alcohol;” in fact he was a CRIMINAL (-) (by virtue of the drug use, who knows at what ages he used booze); dabbled-in sounds downright playful and appeals perfectly to the NYT’s readership;
8) “producing lyrics…by turns CONTEMPLATIVE (+) and VULGAR (-/+); now Contemplative makes him sound practically like a poet; we all know there’s nothing wrong with vulgar lyrics; that’d be judgmental against an entire segment of the Music Industry built upon vulgarity;
9) A “SCUFFLE (neutral or +) with a neighbor;” scuffle could be bad, but absent details it could sound downright childlike, but, question: how do we know about this, were charges brought then dropped; was blood spilled but no cops called?
So what say you…anti-Black Bias? clever Opinion-Shaping? or plain old Piss-Poor “Reporting?”