I’m so thankful I learned how to do this without the luxury of my bread machine.
Link to the book I learned from is in the caption, below.
I’m so thankful I learned how to do this without the luxury of my bread machine.
Link to the book I learned from is in the caption, below.
The Smashword’s blurb for “Questionable Character”:
Of course college senior Hester Primm was aware that she had a “Permanent Record.” She had been told, as had countless other school kids all their lives, to keep it clean…or suffer some vague future Consequences. Well, who’d’ve thunk that that very same P-R-scam would be pulled on her as a graduating senior in the home stretch? Not Hester, that’s for sure and all for trying to NOT do what she thought was the wrong thing. Go figure…
Trying to work-within-the-system, might-makes-right, and good-guys rush in all collide in this sober-yet-satirical look at campus politics in the 21st century.
On a side note, campus life will probably only get worse.
This one’s not humorous for sure, but still, I hope it’s as enjoyable. Let me know!
Also, none of the characters in QC are recognizable from – or clearly connected to – any of the characters in my other recent stories. Perhaps that will change in the future. 🙂
The old America is dead. It’s time for a new, Progressive flag many people say. After all the pro-abortion news lately I came up with this. I just can’t imagine anyone I know (or would want to know) wearing this on a t-shirt, so for now, it’ll just be here…
I haven’t written any fiction for two years so I figured the best way to ease into another book project would be by getting some short stories out. This one is less than 2000 words. Now that’s short.
Please let me know if it made you chuckle at least.
UPDATE: 18 feb 2019
I realized I could effectively use the main character, Dev, in the new novel I’m planning. To accomplish this I added a scene-setting paragraph at the beginning and a new one at the end.
The story now includes them, so here’s the updated Smashword’s blurb:
Killer Fries…In which a recurring nightmare leaves a tough man’s man wondering, once again, which really would be scarier: settling down and having a bunch of headstrong kids, or routinely dealing with political monsters that never seem to get their comeuppance soon enough
UPDATE: 11 feb 2019
Yup. I did it. You can get a Direct-to-Garment printed KILLER FRIES shirt from my shop over there, for as little as $14.99 (not including shipping); the mug above for $9.99. I set the prices super low compared to all their “suggested” mark-ups.
Finally…I can say some more 🙂 and that’s, “They’re here!”
Finally got an actual sample on Tuesday the 14th that I could say “Go Ahead” to! (See above.) I’m guesstimating I’ll have the actual patches within 10 days from now. The price will revert back to $7.00 (shipped) each once that happens.
I have been itching to share this design since I first sketched it out, but now that it’s “In Production,” I finally can!
It sure would make a great license plate, as illustrated above (courtesy of Photoshop®) but how perfect will this simple 3” x 2” embroidered Velco-backed patch look on your Politically-Correct campus this Fall?
Or, if college life is wa-a-ay back in the rearview mirror, how ’bout just seeing it in the neighborhood, say on your (burly, martial-arts trained) older-kids’ backpacks for that always memorable First-Day-of-School? And talk about “Sparking a conversation” at the next family reunion or City Council meeting…
I think you can begin to picture the funtimes ahead.
Regardless of the venue, I’m certain you’ll find plenty of folks who’ll agree with the sentiment:
Can’t we just hang the lot of ‘em?
All prices include USA shipping! (
Once I have the patches in hand and they’re ready-to-ship shipping, so for new orders the price is will go back to $7.00 each, shipped.) See the specially-priced “USA – EKG” HERE that’s noted in the order form below.
What’s one of the “prices” an artist’s significant-other pays? If you guessed being-the-guinea-pig-for-(nearly) every-new-t-shirt-design, you’d be right.
Here’s my long-suffering (almost 26 years!) husband at the Cowtown Classic yesterday:
Listened to an eye-opening interview that Stefan Molyneux had with Gabe Hoffman, a principal on a documentary called, “An Open Secret,” about the child-rape business endemic in Hollywood. I guarrentee you will feel as incensed as I do after you watch it, for free, on VIMEO here. Please share it widely. More of us need to withhold what that industry craves more than it does our little boys…our box-office bucks.
There is only one truly just “sentence” for this kind of Evil: death.
About time to declare, “Mission Accomplished,” eh, girls?
See, I’m not just about making firearms’ related designs…
(I created this design and then made-a-t-shirt for an internet friend four-and-a-half years ago, after he used the phrase on a YouTube ‘cast and it popped into my mind. Was inspired to bring it out of mothballs, today, when Terrence Popp nearly used the very same phrasing in THIS video.)
Does the fighting-spirit always resurface when conditions require it? It appears so.
When I watched THIS #120db (120 decibels) video, I realized they were speaking to me as well as to their sisters in Europe at the proclamation, “We are the daughters of Europa!” My foremothers (and forefathers) came from England, France, and the Netherlands. To be honest, probably a couple of other locales fed my family tree, as well. What a betrayal if I turn my back on my roots, my people.
My design had to be aggressive, so I looked at Europe’s great national crests and in the end was most inspired by Poland’s. It just so happens they are one of the few countries fighting to preserve themselves against the tsunami of smartphone wielding “refugees” overwhelming Europe. I took many liberties with it, especially modifying it to reflect a desire for Peace, symbolized by the pen-point feathers, combined with the willingness for War if the attempt at peace should fail (swords visible over both shoulders).
America may have split from Britain nearly 250 years ago, but many of us descended from those British upstarts will always have more in common with the “spirit” of Europe than with cultures to the south of America.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!
It’s in my Teespring store now.
(Note: I watched the first 6 episodes Friday, the next 3, last night. It was a total coincidence that I started writing this only to discover one of the actors from the show, Lafayette, died yesterday.)
How do you watch six episodes of “TrueBlood” in one day?
You start early!
A better question, though, is: What “woke me” to the insidious Anti-Life, Anti-White nature of the series? Simply…it was the brutal, bloody killing of main character SOOKIE Stackhouse’s “GRAN.” It really hurt, because she was, seemingly, the nicest character on the show.
I waited and hoped it was only a vision or a dream…hoping Hollywood would rescue the old gal with what had, before this, seemed the ubiquitous stage direction: “And then INSERT-MAIN-CHARACTER-HERE woke up.”
But they didn’t so she didn’t, and so the sweet southern Gran many viewers wished we could have had, too, remained dead. She didn’t die in vain because that plot-point allowed me to wake up and see through the literal “programming.” (In my disappointment I vowed to not watch another episode, but, of course, Vampires being what Vampires are, I proceeded the following night to watch three more installments.)
Today, however, (though not wearing silver!) I rescued myself from any further desire-to-view-those-Vampires by: 1) binge-reading all 7 seasons’ episode summaries online; 2) searching out a few short videos explaining character-secrets revealed in those descriptions; and 3) watching a couple 7 minute end-of-series video clips, nicely wrapping “TrueBlood” all up with the blood-soaked gory bow I probably would have foreseen, if I’d cared enough about Sookie, et al, to project it forward.
Here are the main Themes the author-plus-studio-plus-co-authors proclaim:
1) Black racial-Resentment…the black chick, TARA, put a pretty face on Black anti-White resentment. But schizophrenically, she goes ahead and jumps in the sack (i.e. race-mixes-it-up) with two different White men within an episode or two of one another!
2) Black + Male + Gay = Irresistible…Named for an old dead White war monger, LAFAYETTE, was the sweet, loveable gay cook in the central bar/restaurant in the series. He gleefully jokes (to rowdy “rednecks,” so they are required to listen in humiliated silence) that sure, he serves “AIDS burgers” and AIDS everything else, for that matter. There you go. Whites are racist if they’re concerned about food safety, because everybody, don’t you know, is just as likely to be HIV-positive as a male homosexual. Um-m-Hm-m…
3) GRAN was probably also in the Klan, don’t you know…the old gal seemed nice, but prominently featured, no doubt for progressives’ enjoyment, was her “Glorious Dead” NAZI-Confederate worship. She practically bills and coos over Vampire-BILL once she learns he was in the War (“…for Southern Independence”). His old-school southern charm is probably what blinds her to the life and death danger her granddaughter SOOKIE is in, being around him. Doesn’t she know that the current culture leaves no one, even a 200-year-old, unsullied? Trigger–Warning: the Confederate Battle Flag has not been digitally erased from at least one episode.
4) Vampire-Johnny Reb, O.K.; Iraq-War vets, scary…it seems odd for Hollywood not to make more of the evils of the Confederacy, but I guess they figured because the whole show was in large part a middle-finger to the South, they’d give ol’ Vampire-BILL a break. (Or perhaps there are countless teachable North vs. South moments in gory flashback in the remaining 70+ episodes). The Iraq-War vet is made out to be hair-triggered if not crazy. Oh, he’s also self-deprecating. In one episode it was natural to chalk up to his post-war “crazy” his report of seeing a main character running naked through the woods.
5) White Men are mostly stupid and unattractive…except for the glamourous Vampire-BILL and city Vampire-Eric. The bar owner, SAM, is kind of attractive in a lightweight metrosexual way, but that trailer he crashes in? Ew-w-w. It ought to act like normal-girl repellent.
Sookie’s brother, typically-shirtless-JASON, could be boyishly cute if he ever had a clean STD report and showered/de-greased every couple of episodes. Within the first six or seven episodes he’d slept with four different women, but, six seasons later, surprise, surprise, he was still alive and in a clip from a wedding. I figured he’d have died of syphilis well before that.
The cajun dude, RENE, builds up to his stupidity slowly. We finally find out he’s living with but not married to the red-haired 3-time divorcee waitress, ARLENE. He’s also “helping” her raise her two young kids right: by showing them it isn’t necessary to put-a-ring-on-it first. Nice! Note: they are the ONLY contemporary kids in all the episodes I watched. What swell family-values, right? Oh, how the 8-9 year old girl squeals joyfully when her mommy declares she can be her “flower girl…again!”
Lastly, there’s the doofus White duo (Sheriff and Detective) and the pervy White Medical Examiner. None of the murders in the first few episodes seem to generate urgency or case files or clues from townspeople, thanks to these downright unattractive nitwits. Honestly, have you seen, since “Reno 911,” a less competent farce of a police force?
The detective, though, magically (?) has enough free time to track down a nudist-colony in Beaumont, Texas, just to offer HBO or “TrueBlood’s” director an opportunity to throw in a few old, White, naked behinds. All to prove bar-owner SAM lied about his parents. Wow! Great “detecting.” Meanwhile, the dead bodies remain stacked up in the pervy guy’s cooler (I presume/hope).
6) White women are stupid and pretty much hoes, except for SOOKIE, who’s virginal…before she becomes Vampire-BILL’s meal+sex ticket. Afterwards she’s a COOL HOE. She’s also under Vampire-pimp-BILL’s protection (except during the daylight…). I call him a pimp because ultimately he’s forced by protocol to take Sookie to do the bidding of Vampire-ERIC.
Why, in this world, is there no lecturing girls on the dangers of uber-powerful vampires or STDs or powerful vampires with STDs? Oh, right, in “this world” such mundane topics aren’t any fun, either.
The only lecturing allowed in TrueBlood is about White-on-Black RACISM:
1) White bankers are RACIST if they don’t give money to alcoholics who happened to be Black and unemployable.
2) Rude White “rednecks” (i.e. men deemed unattractive or otherwise unacceptable to main characters) are RACIST if they question the prudence of food preparation by a practicing male homosexual drug-dealer who happens to be Black.
3) A White guy is called RACIST by the Black chick after he mentions she “grunts” during the sex they just had together. She’s the one who brought up a grunting Black tennis player, even though White players are currently known for doing it, and have been known for the behavior for decades longer than the Williams sister mentioned.
In the end, if you choose to spend 81 hours of your life on this entire series, immersed with the cast of and in the mindset of “TrueBlood” creators (after reading this), ASK what benefits you’ll be left with; anything uplifting about the stories; any positive lessons to be learned? (Especially if you are White and already susceptible to being “guilted” by our progressive culture warriors.)
Because what happens when well-meaning non-progressives partake of progressive politics? It depends. For example, like when thoughtful, rational, (albeit, naive) Lauren Southern goes to do street reporting and learn from the G20 events in Hamburg, Germany, She presumed about it like I did about “TrueBlood:” lots to be learned! (Spoiler-Alert: Not what we thought.)
In my case, I was naively certain such a popular show had information about the contemporary Vampire genre that’d be useful for my own fiction projects. Instead, I learned (again) just what Hollywood thinks of We-The-between-the-coasts-People generally, and southerners more specifically.
They think we’re
Beer & drug guzzling lowlifes.
Who’d jump at the chance to be ensnared in a vampiric living-death futureless (i.e. childless, i.e. dead end) existence. Or is it Hollywood’s “wishful scriptwriting?”
Unexpected lessons for Lauren Southern on the streets of Germany were Where Not to Create your Hearth & Home (Germany), and just how critical Self-Determination & Self-Defense (and its tools, like guns or even pepper-spray) truly are. Then there was the gut-level lesson of Run & Hide in order to Survive, hopefully for long enough to get out of Dodge. But she “ran” to the “relative safety of London,” as she (or Stefan) noted. Seriously. London? The-recent-site-of-several-Islamic-State-terror-attacks is NOT a picture of “safety.”
Lauren revealed her darkest G20 discovery in speaking with Stefan Moyneux: that the “Black Block/Antifa” wants only one thing beyond partying, looting, and burning…“Busting the heads of Capitalists & NAZIS,” like they literally perceive her to be. All that, yet STILL she refuses to tear up her I’m-A-Strong-21st century-Woman card. She steadfastly proclaims she’s not a victim.
Well, I say, “You aren’t a ‘victim,’ yet, Lauren.” I pray very soon she’ll admit that the front lines are NOT the place for females. I pray that she’ll come to understand that there is nothing shameful in admitting that! Frontline COMBAT is no place for 99% of women, they lack the body+bone-mass of men, not to mention the bare-handed combat skills many men more naturally have acquired in life. And no offense, Lauren, that’s a 1% you simply don’t appear to be in.
Similarly, for me to have expected HBO’s “TrueBlood” to be part of the 1%, non-progressive, i.e. Life-Affirming, entertainment? Well, that was just as naive as Lauren expecting black-swaddled thugs to give her man-on-the-street interviews. I hope this “TrueBlood” encounter+analysis will spare others from entering the twisted base-pleasure-seeking, cunning childlessness, and entrenched anti-Life, anti-White “entertainment,” blindly.
If you do take a taste of the show and disagree with my take on it, let me know where we differ.