I’m thinking this would make another one of my terrific-yet-non-selling tee shirts.
Yay or Neigh?
I’m thinking this would make another one of my terrific-yet-non-selling tee shirts.
Yay or Neigh?
Can’t include videos here (at my “price level”), so here’s my Vimeo link.
Had fun riffing on those famous 12-steps, not to mention I finally took the opportunity to use some awesome classic paintings from the CD packaged with Dover’s, “120 Great Paintings.” It’s the latest of the many clipart books of theirs I’ve amassed over the past 30 years.
I need to get out more. Literally. I’ve been thinking of starting a casual outdoor-painting group because I bet there are a couple of others in my area (D/FW Texas) whose brushes are covered in dust or cobwebs or both.
The 7-step “program” is lovingly called, Weekend-Painters Anonymous (hence “Weep Anon”) and this picture was done at the first non-official (unannounced) indoor meeting with total attendance of one.
(Of course indoors cuz it’s way too cold to go outside.)
From the back cover:
It’s Election Night – in the current year – and as midnight approaches, Presidential candidate Mallory Denton is not just hiding out from her volunteers and supporters, she’s up to her neck in hot water. Literally. And she’s using plenty of bubbles and top-donor-provided bubbly to sooth her psyche.
Make some popcorn, kick back for the evening, and enjoy a politically-incorrect homage to the Dickens’ classic, “A Christmas Carol.” Love her or hate her, one thing’s certain: if Mallory heeds the warnings her heavenly visitors are about to deliver, then both Heaven and Hell will have to wait!
Join a cast of all too familiar beltway characters in this Presidential Election tale that’s frequently funny, sometimes annoying, and spot-on scathing. Best of all, this campaign lasts just one night, delivering a mash-up of “House of Cards” treachery and “Bedazzled” hijinks as smoothly as a seasoned career politician flings her promises while out on the stump.
(Note: I watched the first 6 episodes Friday, the next 3, last night. It was a total coincidence that I started writing this only to discover one of the actors from the show, Lafayette, died yesterday.)
How do you watch six episodes of “TrueBlood” in one day?
You start early!
A better question, though, is: What “woke me” to the insidious Anti-Life, Anti-White nature of the series? Simply…it was the brutal, bloody killing of main character SOOKIE Stackhouse’s “GRAN.” It really hurt, because she was, seemingly, the nicest character on the show.
I waited and hoped it was only a vision or a dream…hoping Hollywood would rescue the old gal with what had, before this, seemed the ubiquitous stage direction: “And then INSERT-MAIN-CHARACTER-HERE woke up.”
But they didn’t so she didn’t, and so the sweet southern Gran many viewers wished we could have had, too, remained dead. She didn’t die in vain because that plot-point allowed me to wake up and see through the literal “programming.” (In my disappointment I vowed to not watch another episode, but, of course, Vampires being what Vampires are, I proceeded the following night to watch three more installments.)
Today, however, (though not wearing silver!) I rescued myself from any further desire-to-view-those-Vampires by: 1) binge-reading all 7 seasons’ episode summaries online; 2) searching out a few short videos explaining character-secrets revealed in those descriptions; and 3) watching a couple 7 minute end-of-series video clips, nicely wrapping “TrueBlood” all up with the blood-soaked gory bow I probably would have foreseen, if I’d cared enough about Sookie, et al, to project it forward.
Here are the main Themes the author-plus-studio-plus-co-authors proclaim:
1) Black racial-Resentment…the black chick, TARA, put a pretty face on Black anti-White resentment. But schizophrenically, she goes ahead and jumps in the sack (i.e. race-mixes-it-up) with two different White men within an episode or two of one another!
2) Black + Male + Gay = Irresistible…Named for an old dead White war monger, LAFAYETTE, was the sweet, loveable gay cook in the central bar/restaurant in the series. He gleefully jokes (to rowdy “rednecks,” so they are required to listen in humiliated silence) that sure, he serves “AIDS burgers” and AIDS everything else, for that matter. There you go. Whites are racist if they’re concerned about food safety, because everybody, don’t you know, is just as likely to be HIV-positive as a male homosexual. Um-m-Hm-m…
3) GRAN was probably also in the Klan, don’t you know…the old gal seemed nice, but prominently featured, no doubt for progressives’ enjoyment, was her “Glorious Dead” NAZI-Confederate worship. She practically bills and coos over Vampire-BILL once she learns he was in the War (“…for Southern Independence”). His old-school southern charm is probably what blinds her to the life and death danger her granddaughter SOOKIE is in, being around him. Doesn’t she know that the current culture leaves no one, even a 200-year-old, unsullied? Trigger–Warning: the Confederate Battle Flag has not been digitally erased from at least one episode.
4) Vampire-Johnny Reb, O.K.; Iraq-War vets, scary…it seems odd for Hollywood not to make more of the evils of the Confederacy, but I guess they figured because the whole show was in large part a middle-finger to the South, they’d give ol’ Vampire-BILL a break. (Or perhaps there are countless teachable North vs. South moments in gory flashback in the remaining 70+ episodes). The Iraq-War vet is made out to be hair-triggered if not crazy. Oh, he’s also self-deprecating. In one episode it was natural to chalk up to his post-war “crazy” his report of seeing a main character running naked through the woods.
5) White Men are mostly stupid and unattractive…except for the glamourous Vampire-BILL and city Vampire-Eric. The bar owner, SAM, is kind of attractive in a lightweight metrosexual way, but that trailer he crashes in? Ew-w-w. It ought to act like normal-girl repellent.
Sookie’s brother, typically-shirtless-JASON, could be boyishly cute if he ever had a clean STD report and showered/de-greased every couple of episodes. Within the first six or seven episodes he’d slept with four different women, but, six seasons later, surprise, surprise, he was still alive and in a clip from a wedding. I figured he’d have died of syphilis well before that.
The cajun dude, RENE, builds up to his stupidity slowly. We finally find out he’s living with but not married to the red-haired 3-time divorcee waitress, ARLENE. He’s also “helping” her raise her two young kids right: by showing them it isn’t necessary to put-a-ring-on-it first. Nice! Note: they are the ONLY contemporary kids in all the episodes I watched. What swell family-values, right? Oh, how the 8-9 year old girl squeals joyfully when her mommy declares she can be her “flower girl…again!”
Lastly, there’s the doofus White duo (Sheriff and Detective) and the pervy White Medical Examiner. None of the murders in the first few episodes seem to generate urgency or case files or clues from townspeople, thanks to these downright unattractive nitwits. Honestly, have you seen, since “Reno 911,” a less competent farce of a police force?
The detective, though, magically (?) has enough free time to track down a nudist-colony in Beaumont, Texas, just to offer HBO or “TrueBlood’s” director an opportunity to throw in a few old, White, naked behinds. All to prove bar-owner SAM lied about his parents. Wow! Great “detecting.” Meanwhile, the dead bodies remain stacked up in the pervy guy’s cooler (I presume/hope).
6) White women are stupid and pretty much hoes, except for SOOKIE, who’s virginal…before she becomes Vampire-BILL’s meal+sex ticket. Afterwards she’s a COOL HOE. She’s also under Vampire-pimp-BILL’s protection (except during the daylight…). I call him a pimp because ultimately he’s forced by protocol to take Sookie to do the bidding of Vampire-ERIC.
Why, in this world, is there no lecturing girls on the dangers of uber-powerful vampires or STDs or powerful vampires with STDs? Oh, right, in “this world” such mundane topics aren’t any fun, either.
The only lecturing allowed in TrueBlood is about White-on-Black RACISM:
1) White bankers are RACIST if they don’t give money to alcoholics who happened to be Black and unemployable.
2) Rude White “rednecks” (i.e. men deemed unattractive or otherwise unacceptable to main characters) are RACIST if they question the prudence of food preparation by a practicing male homosexual drug-dealer who happens to be Black.
3) A White guy is called RACIST by the Black chick after he mentions she “grunts” during the sex they just had together. She’s the one who brought up a grunting Black tennis player, even though White players are currently known for doing it, and have been known for the behavior for decades longer than the Williams sister mentioned.
In the end, if you choose to spend 81 hours of your life on this entire series, immersed with the cast of and in the mindset of “TrueBlood” creators (after reading this), ASK what benefits you’ll be left with; anything uplifting about the stories; any positive lessons to be learned? (Especially if you are White and already susceptible to being “guilted” by our progressive culture warriors.)
Because what happens when well-meaning non-progressives partake of progressive politics? It depends. For example, like when thoughtful, rational, (albeit, naive) Lauren Southern goes to do street reporting and learn from the G20 events in Hamburg, Germany, She presumed about it like I did about “TrueBlood:” lots to be learned! (Spoiler-Alert: Not what we thought.)
In my case, I was naively certain such a popular show had information about the contemporary Vampire genre that’d be useful for my own fiction projects. Instead, I learned (again) just what Hollywood thinks of We-The-between-the-coasts-People generally, and southerners more specifically.
They think we’re
Beer & drug guzzling lowlifes.
Who’d jump at the chance to be ensnared in a vampiric living-death futureless (i.e. childless, i.e. dead end) existence. Or is it Hollywood’s “wishful scriptwriting?”
Unexpected lessons for Lauren Southern on the streets of Germany were Where Not to Create your Hearth & Home (Germany), and just how critical Self-Determination & Self-Defense (and its tools, like guns or even pepper-spray) truly are. Then there was the gut-level lesson of Run & Hide in order to Survive, hopefully for long enough to get out of Dodge. But she “ran” to the “relative safety of London,” as she (or Stefan) noted. Seriously. London? The-recent-site-of-several-Islamic-State-terror-attacks is NOT a picture of “safety.”
Lauren revealed her darkest G20 discovery in speaking with Stefan Moyneux: that the “Black Block/Antifa” wants only one thing beyond partying, looting, and burning…“Busting the heads of Capitalists & NAZIS,” like they literally perceive her to be. All that, yet STILL she refuses to tear up her I’m-A-Strong-21st century-Woman card. She steadfastly proclaims she’s not a victim.
Well, I say, “You aren’t a ‘victim,’ yet, Lauren.” I pray very soon she’ll admit that the front lines are NOT the place for females. I pray that she’ll come to understand that there is nothing shameful in admitting that! Frontline COMBAT is no place for 99% of women, they lack the body+bone-mass of men, not to mention the bare-handed combat skills many men more naturally have acquired in life. And no offense, Lauren, that’s a 1% you simply don’t appear to be in.
Similarly, for me to have expected HBO’s “TrueBlood” to be part of the 1%, non-progressive, i.e. Life-Affirming, entertainment? Well, that was just as naive as Lauren expecting black-swaddled thugs to give her man-on-the-street interviews. I hope this “TrueBlood” encounter+analysis will spare others from entering the twisted base-pleasure-seeking, cunning childlessness, and entrenched anti-Life, anti-White “entertainment,” blindly.
If you do take a taste of the show and disagree with my take on it, let me know where we differ.
Saw this article on DRUDGE(R) today (it is also included in the Live-linked PDF, following) and I’m pretty confident it’s a clever stunt by teacher, Gene Ponder. I mean, what high-school kid can resist tracking down what now is essentially a…
While the shop’s slide show illustrates my hand-printed t-shirts, the items in the shop will be commercially printed (“allover,” front and back) by Printful.com. They do amazing work…
My first Teespring design got pulled by request from a third party. I don’t have time or $$$ to legally butt heads with a likely-deep-pocketed organization aligned with Illegal-immigrant-kid charities. So, chalk another win, I guess, for the Borderless-America crowd.
Find the original inspiration here. That they use an American flag header on their progressive (i.e. Marxist-communist) site still chaps me.