Fuggedabout “Red Flag” laws, why not go all the way like they tried with those Red-Coat laws? After all, our NEW! IMPROVED! Crown knows what’s best for us bumpkins, too. Don’t forget to obey, obey, obey (Gringo) when your betters in the D.C. parliment sign the official parchments!
Isn’t it about the only taboo the Dems have left to break?
When is the buy-back program for politicians? (Holding my breath)
Imagine these overlord-lites stomping on your remaining Liberties for the rest of their lives, because…
- They possess no otherwise-marketable skills.
- They have grown accustomed to the luxury and prestige of their suddenly-6-figure salaries (not to mention all the golden perks).
- They feed like Vampires off the annoyance/angst/anger of any who are forced to submit to their demands, like congressional-committee questioning.
- Now hooked on the legislator’s Power-to-Command and Control we commoners, there is no going back to the real-world for these creatures.
- Nothing – save Death – could possibly substitute for nor satisfactorily satiate their Swampborn addiction to demanding obedience.
The Smashword’s blurb for “Questionable Character”:
Of course college senior Hester Primm was aware that she had a “Permanent Record.” She had been told, as had countless other school kids all their lives, to keep it clean…or suffer some vague future Consequences. Well, who’d’ve thunk that that very same P-R-scam would be pulled on her as a graduating senior in the home stretch? Not Hester, that’s for sure and all for trying to NOT do what she thought was the wrong thing. Go figure…
Trying to work-within-the-system, might-makes-right, and good-guys rush in all collide in this sober-yet-satirical look at campus politics in the 21st century.
On a side note, campus life will probably only get worse.
This one’s not humorous for sure, but still, I hope it’s as enjoyable. Let me know!
Also, none of the characters in QC are recognizable from – or clearly connected to – any of the characters in my other recent stories. Perhaps that will change in the future. 🙂
I absolutely positively shattered my, “Housework-before-fun” rule today…
This cartoonist makes me sick
I couldn’t find the original on Britt’s Creators.com page, so here’s a screengrab from a Breitbart story where I first saw it earlier today: